Saturday, August 14, 2010

Creative Cuisine

Yesterday I came home to find Mom had tried to make herself some supper. My brother had left out a can of soup for her to heat up (she loves soup almost anytime, so I'm sure it was at her request) but she was too weak to open it. Instead, she went rummaging through the refrigerator and found a leftover bowl of "soup."

She tried heating it up in the microwave but with no luck. So she heated up some water and added that to the "soup." Even that didn't help and it tasted pretty bland according to her. There was still an inch of broth in the bottom of the bowl when I got home. I asked her about it and she explained the problems she'd had. I offered to fix her something else but she wasn't interested in a meal so after some negotiations we settled on a PB&J on toast.

As I brought the bowl back to the kitchen I noticed the veggies floating in the bottom were actually lettuce, cucumbers and carrot slices. She had tried to transmogrify a salad into soup.

When my brother got home and I told him about this we both laughed so I know when a get to Hell, at least I won't be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment