Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hello, Kitty

Well, that didn't last long. Either the young lady realized ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, that's not my cat! after all, or the cat decided the young lady was not her human. In any event . . .

The cat came back.

I came home late yesterday afternoon just after my brother had left for work. The screen door out of the lanai was still set at partially open, which I thought was now superfluous and an invitation to less welcome critters. But, when I went to close it, there was the useless beast, as innocent as could be, sitting by the cushioned wicker rocker. I asked her what she thought she was doing back here but she just wrapped herself around my legs and purred, so I fed her.

When my brother came home from work, I asked him how long the cat had been back but he knew nothing about it. Apparently, she slipped in during the five minutes when neither of us were home. Unfortunately, by the time my brother came home she had slipped out again so all he had was my word to go on.

She was out there again this morning curled up on a folding chair. My brother has decided he'll have to go buy some more cat food after all.

Forget "Bartleby." I think I'll name her "Bad Penny."

No comments:

Post a Comment