Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mom, Here and There

After two days of Mom bouncing out of her room all night like a cuckoo in a clock, for some reason she slept through last night without a break. No meds, or anything I can identify, just "I think I'll go to bed now," and off she went not to rise until this morning.

She had been particularly dozy most of yesterday afternoon and evening, being a bit OCD reading and rereading the nutrition information printed on the back of her mini-box of raisins. And she was determined to write/draw on her own hand in ink complaining "Whatever happened to personal freedom?" when my brother and I made her stop and threatened to take the pen away. After that she just sort of napped on and off after dinner until she went to bed.

This morning she woke early, had a doughnut and coffee and then a second breakfast of cereal and coffee followed by a cup of coffee after which she promptly dozed off having built up an eight decade resistance to caffeine. She snored lightly for about fifteen minutes then suddenly woke and asked me "How many bees do you have left?"

I told her I thought she was still dreaming. She replied, "Well then, I guess I'll go do my chores," went to her room and laid out a week's worth of clothes on her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment