Thursday, June 20, 2013

Apologies All 'Round

I went in for this month's bloodletting today. So much for the left arm being a better donor site than the right.

Everything was going great, vitals, etc., until the nurse stuck the needle in. It just didn't feel right. It hurt. We talked for a couple of minutes while the machine took its sample and began the draw. We even got the results of the sample test back. And then the stupid machine started beeping and wouldn't stop and my vein started leaking making a small but intense little purple hemorrhage and the nurse just pulled the whole thing.

I apologized to her for wasting her time and a draw kit (all that tubing--and there's lots of it--is one use only). She apologized to me for wasting my time and the pain.

She offered me a T-shirt, a meal ticket to the hospital cafeteria and a commemorative pen. I refused. I took a cookie for the pain and suffering.

We'll try again Tuesday.

"I will gladly donate Tuesday for a cookie today."

No comments:

Post a Comment