Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Negotiating Tips

Mom has two doctors' appointments coming up on the same day, this Friday. I was seriously concerned this would be too much of a strain on her endurance and thought I might have to reschedule one especially after receiving a robocall reminding us of the first one. When I told her what the call was she said, "Ugh, I really don't want to see the doctor at all." While I sympathize, this is the doctor for whom we went to the hospital lab recently for blood tests and I'm not about to let this appointment slip.

Instead, I waited a few minutes and said, "You know, we really have two appointments on Friday, one with your regular doctor and the other with the partner of the eye doctor. Do you want to get them both over on the same day, or should I call the eye doctor and set up a separate day?"

Apparently, the only thing worse than going to the doctors is using two days to go to the doctors. She agreed to keep the two appointment/one day schedule.

Now I just have to set up a third appointment with the neurologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment