Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Troublemakers

My brother and I have managed to tick off two of Mom's doctors in two days. Not bad.

I took Mom to one of her eye doctors yesterday who, for the second time in a row, left her sitting around in waiting rooms for two hours. There was one 10 minute "interview" with an assistant which was totally unnecessary since we had been there less than a month before and another 10 minute prep session with a different assistant. Other than that nothing but waiting. I finally got fed up and went out into the hallway and started complaining about inefficiency and inconsiderate waste of others' time and suddenly the doctor decided to skip directly to Mom. He also said next time we come we'll see his associate instead of him. And I'm sure there's a big black mark next to Mom's name on her file.

This morning my brother, who works nights and seldom gets home before 1:00 a.m., was woken by a phone call at 7:30 to find no one there and again at 8:00. He yelled at the phone, "Did you call earlier?!?" The caller said, "Yes," and my brother yelled "Don't ever do that again!!" Only then did he find out it was Mom's dermatologist who says he will now communicate in writing.

The good news is: Mom's vision is stable and she didn't need an eye injection and the biopsy came back benign. The bad news is: my brother and I have reputations.

No comments:

Post a Comment