Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Littlest Thing

I have been advised to express my gratitude for "the little things in life." Here goes.

I am grateful that the mosquito in the living room last night (there is one, and only one, in there every night, always different, sometimes one of the larger types with the high-pitched buzz but, just as often the small silent little bitches with the extremely painful, and surprisingly long-lasting bites, and all nearly impossible to see in the gloaming) was stupid and/or desperately thirsty enough to land right on my wrist where I could smoosh it immediately thus allowing me to avoid an entire evening of ritual random spastic arm and leg movements, swatting at shadows and forced focussed attention to imaginary sightings at the expense of enjoying my book.

There. That is absolutely the littlest thing I could possibly be grateful for.

We won't mention health, family (including an incredibly brave and sweet niece), friends, a roof overhead, (too much) good food. Nope.

Just the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment