Saturday, March 9, 2013

De Gustibus Non Est

How is it a cat that doesn't like hot dogs, shows no interest in chicken or sausage and won't drink a saucer of milk loves marinara sauce?

Bartleby found a plate my brother left in an accessible location with remnants of his pasta dinner on it. She licked up most, but not all, of the sauce and then proceeded to sit on the plate after which she became offended when I would not let her park her tomatoey butt in my lap. She spent the rest of the evening pointedly sitting with her back to me.

Meanwhile, we've had to be careful about the amount and timing of the food we put out for the little gray cat. With the recent spell of cold weather (for here, mildly cool by most other definitions) a wandering oppossum has once again discovered the lanai. I still have my official 'possum stick from last winter and have chased it away twice but leaving food out at night is just too much temptation to expect any critter to resist. So the little guy now eats during daylight hours only.

No comments:

Post a Comment