Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Man in the Middle

I received a text message somewhere around 4:00 in the morning yesterday. It said, "this morning i wish to tell you how much i love you, and how much i appreciate you in my life. Thank you." I was asleep when it arrived.

While this is a beautiful sentiment, and one I could appreciate, it is not something anyone I know would send to me, at least not out of the blue without some context. 'Tis a cynical world in which we live but I suspected spam.

I went online and did a number search and came up with a private cell phone in Escondido, California. So: not spam. That's good. The message was a heartfelt expression of love. But I know no one in Escondido.

So, now I feel bad that this little love note was sent to me by mistake and the intended recipient, who I'm sure would also appreciate the sentiment, does not know how his/her friend feels and can not reciprocate thus injuring the original sender's feelings.

I hope the original sender rechecks the phone number and resends because I don't want to be responsible for ruining a beautiful relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment