Tuesday, June 7, 2011

91

It's Mom's birthday today. She's 91 years old. Ninety-one. Doesn't look a day over 88.

We didn't get her any real presents per se. She doesn't need anything and doesn't want anything and, in fact, keeps trying to give stuff away. So, instead, we gave her cards and I made breakfast (brunch really by the time she got up and moving). Blueberry pancakes. I put a lot more blueberries in the batter than I thought I had done. The batter in the griddle rose up to envelop the berries and I could see (and smell) them cooking up, popping and spreading berry juice throughout the pancakes as they cooked. Yum.

After that my brother went out and bought a pound of fresh shrimp so this evening's birthday dinner will be shrimp fettuccine alfredo. And a cake. None of us will need to eat again until next week when we get to do it all again for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment