Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Telephonics

So. . .. One of Mom's docs (the dermatologist) called this morning. I was expecting a call from the neurologist who left a message yesterday wanting her to go back to the hospital to get more tests done, but didn't say which ones or why, so I called back but got voice mail and now it's their turn again, which (along with Mom's deafness and confusability and the fact that telemarketers still manage to call sometimes) is why I tend to intercept her phone calls which she is perfectly happy to let me do. So I did.

The doctor was very nice (I've met him since I've started going in to Mom's appointments with her) but refused to tell me why he called because I'm not officially on her need-to-know HIPAA list.

So I handed off the phone to her. The doctor had to yell so loud that I heard everything from my chair three feet away anyway.

Her biopsy came back clean. She's good for another six months (on that front anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment